introducing .. Atlas
Since Atlas is staring at me – waiting for the second half of his dinner – I thought I would do a “7 things” post about him.
7. No, he is not a horse. Or a Great Dane. He is just a very tall weimaraner. I find it very convenient (I can pet him without bending down). So does he (his tongue is at counter height).
6. The one time I cooked roast beef, he sat in front of the oven door for the entire time; it took almost four hours (my oven has troubles). I almost never cook meat, so I figure he was trying to make sure it didn’t get away.
5. When I say “Atlas, fleas?”, or scratch my neck, he scratches himself. [I prefer to teach him fun things like tricks over useless things like heeling.]
4. Once, he ate an entire loaf of bread and a plate of goodies from a Super Bowl party. One of the treats was a chocolate cupcake. I taught him not to counter-surf immediately. It never happened again.
3. When he was a puppy, my coworkers used to ask for a list of everything he had eaten recently whenever I was in a meeting. The list was long – and funny. Finally, I learned to use a crate.
2. When I give up my bed for guests, they usually wake up in the morning to find out that he joined them during the night. And no, he doesn’t think to ask if they like dogs first.
1. Clearly, he is the most fabulous dog in the world – to me, anyway.