my dear doggy
Tomorrow, my beloved little pup turns 5. For him, this is considered 40 in human years. It occurs to me that he might have reached a point in his life where he wants to make a few changes. What if – heaven forbid – he wants to trade me in! Maybe for ..
- a newer, younger model
- someone who doesn’t work full-time (though with the cost of his latest diet, he had better find someone who is also independently wealthy)
- someone who is training for an ultra, so is out on the trails for hours daily
- someone with cats
- someone with acres of land and other dogs
- someone with a king-size bed
- someone without a camera
- someone who doesn’t believe in ear cleanings and vet visits
- someone who would never dream of making him wear a silly hat
In the meantime, he will have to be content with me. The one thing I do know is that he would be hard-pressed to find someone who would love him more.